Deutsche Nachschlagewerke [=Reference Works in German]
- Wikipedia The German-language version of Wikipedia.
- wissen.de Hier finden Sie “alles” von A-Z” 🙂
- aeiou Austrian online encyclopedia
- “Deutschsprachige Wörterbücher” List of German-language dictionaries on various specialized topics–primarily dialects.
- Wortschatz Universität Leipzig (Link is in the sidebar of all pages using this template: “Wortschatz Deutsch“): Enter a word into the search window and then scroll down. “Part of” shows you phrases/collocations including your word. Further down, click to expand the “Cooccurrences,” “Left Neighbor” and “Right Neighbor” sections. These will show you which words most frequently appear with, to the left of, and to the right of your word. This is VERY useful for figuring out how to use a new word! Note: I recommend ignoring the “Examples” section, as the examples are usually too random and complex to reveal any useful patterns.