Deutsch 101: Stunde 25
- For reference für heute: Kapitel 3 Kultur Texte & Videos
- Overhead: Mini-quiz on culture readings [remember this is not actually a quiz!]
- Overhead: Kapitel 3 Kultur-Texte
- Begin with the role play. Note that tipping is possible but not customary at self-service restaurants, so it's not part of this role play. There will be a role play with Trinkgeld [a tip] in a later chapter.
- Overhead: Objekt in der Tasche
- During Covid, we will use this Hast du meinen/mein/meine...? overhead instead, and during "regular" semesters, your instructor may instruct you to ignore the "Objekt in der Tasche" assignment in order to use this version of the activity instead.
- Instructor collects the objects students brought in a bag, and writes any new words on the board (with their gender)
- Everyone now picks an object out of the bag. Students use the language on the overhead to find the object they brought, and to make conversation once they are finished.
- Note that this dialogue is an opportunity to practice possessive adjectives in the Nominative and Accusative (mein(e)(n), dein(e)(n)...)
- Students who forgot to bring an object pair up with someone who did bring one; these pairs ask "Wer hat unser(e)(n)" and others use "euer/eure(n)" to answer them.
- Freie Kommunikation: Overhead: Kennenlernen!
- Get to know a new person in class auf Deutsch!
- Afterwards, briefly introduce your partner to the class.
- Your instructor may end class today with a joke that will make sense if you respond "Doch!"
- Remember "Doch!" is used to negate negative statements - e.g. "Die Ohio State Studierenden sind nicht dumm" - "Doch!"]